Tuesday, September 15, 2015

How do they do it?

Ever since I had June, I find myself following more and more moms on Instagram. Most do crafts, and activities daily, if not weekly. Based on their Instagram, you'd think they were magicians who found the secret to getting more than 24 hours out of a day. Here I am, lucky if I manage to cook dinner or even brush my teeth at that. (Yes- There have been some afternoons when I realize, OH SHIT! I forgot to brush my teeth.) So I always ask myself, HOW DO THEY DO IT? I'm guilty of sometimes beating myself up about not doing enough around the house, or not doing enough with June. Not taking him to the park enough, not doing enough crafts, etc. I always tell myself next week, I'll start making more time, I'll maximize my time during the day and focus only on certain things on certain days. Well- IT NEVER HAPPENS! Mondays come and go, and same shit. 3:00 PM and I haven't even brushed my teeth. I will say this, I never miss a cup of coffee. Goes to show where my priorities lie. #coffeeislife I'm learning that on social media, we only show what we want people to see. We obviously don't post about the lazy days, or the days when you don't brush your teeth. You simply post the Instagram and Facebook worthy photos. Which usually consist of crafts, a good hair day, when your make up and eyebrows are on Fleek. (Fleek: On point, in case you were wondering), or the pretty parts of our home. Anyway- In all seriousness, I really have to just do better at time management. You'd think that with all the pins I have on my "organize my life" folder on pintrest, I'd have some kind of routine going on by now. But nope, I don't. Being a stay at home mom is tough. It really is. Not that I thought it would be a walk in the park, but the days go by so much faster when you're home. I feel like everyday I spend a major part of my day doing laundry, dishes, and cleaning. This week, I will make a conscious effort to make the most of my days. Side note: it has taken me over 3 days to write this post. I just sat down to finally finish it, and June, who was supposed to nap for at least an hour, work up 15 minutes into his nap. So all the other things I wanted to add to this post will just have to wait. Otherwise, this will never make it to the blog. Hope everyone has a great day. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment